Please, recommend books to me!
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, & The Return of the King)
Highly Anticipated Releases:
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (September 6, 2016)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (September 22, 2016)
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (October 18, 2016)
My Reviewing Philosophy:
I review books based on a variety of factors, and though the structure of my reviews may change from book to book based on how I felt about it, there will always be some common elements.
I will always address the plot, writing style, characters (and their relationships), and world of the story (if applicable, obviously). If it’s fantasy or science fiction, I will address any magic or unbelievable technology included based on how well it was done. I will also always address anything truly unique about the book (such as the format, like I did when I reviewed Illuminae).
I will always include the description of the book (from either Amazon or Goodreads) and link back to that description. There will also always be quotes! If a book has been hyped, I will compare it to the hype, or to other works by that author. If it’s a sequel, or some part of a series, I will try and be as spoiler-free as possible and compare it to other books before it in the series. Most everything will be spoiler free!
I tend to rate things very highly (I’m stupidly optimistic), and as such, here are my ratings:
- 1/5 stars: Hated. Absolutely hated. Probably couldn’t finish. (There are only about 3 books in my reading history I could give this rating to).
- 2/5 stars: I really, severely disliked it. Finished it, but had major problems. Would not recommend. (This is often stuff I have to read for school).
- 3/5 stars: It was okay. There were a few aspects I liked, but ultimately I was dissatisfied. Probably wouldn’t recommend, and if it’s a series I probably won’t finish the series.
- 4/5 stars: It was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it! Mostly, these are good books that for whatever reason didn’t resonate with me as strongly as I would have liked. Still, worth a read. I’ll finish the series.
- 5/5 stars: Awesome!!!!! I LOVED this book! I’ll probably reread it at some point, and/or am looking forward to the rest of the series!
- INFINITY STARS: This rating is reserved for all-time favorites. These books I LOVE to death, and as such have probably read multiple times and fangirled over excessively. I STRONGLY recommend!
- Important Book: A book that I feel every person should read for some reason that transcends sheer pleasure. These are often classics with thematic significance.
If I’m super conflicted, I’ll do half stars, but it’s rare.
Everything is tagged by rating, genre, author, and series (I think). If you find something is missing a tag, tell me! Please check either the category or the tag “Book Reviews” to see what I’ve done previously!