Thanks to Nova from Confessions of a Literary Addict for nominating me! This is my first blogger award; I’m so excited! As she so aptly, pointed out, the name of this award does indeed somehow translate to lobster, which I find hilarious!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Questions to Answer:
Oh… this is kinda tough, actually. There are three animals I really admire:
They’re all intelligent and kind animals! Elephants and dolphins I especially love, but Harry Potter gave owls a special place in my heart. I’m a sucker for cute baby animals though.
Do you like listening to music while reading?
I LOVE to listen to music while I’m reading! I don’t have to, but I do prefer it. I can listen to all kinds of music while reading, too. I’m big on movie soundtracks- Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Fringe, Chronicles of Narnia, anything Disney, and the soundtracks of many musicals are on my playlist. However, lyrics don’t bother me when I’m reading either. In that case, I like pop, rock, and alternative stuff. Pretty much the only music I don’t actively listen to is I’m in the process of creating a feature to post on here with playlists for books, actually, which may become part of my reviewing process! If you check the My Music page, you can see a summary of what’s coming, and reach me on 8tracks. (Btw, if anyone understands how to use it, I would appreciate a lesson).
Paperback or hardcover? eBook?
Let me start by saying I LOVE BOOKS IN ANY FORM!!! I’m obsessed with acquiring a physical library. I think hardcover books are gorgeous! But… they’re a little expensive, and sometimes the paperback can be just as pretty. So… I don’t really have a preference?? Don’t shoot me! I do prefer physical books to ebooks, but since I got my Kindle, I’ve decided to use ebooks intelligently. For one, I’ll need a library to take with me to college, and ebooks are an easy way to do that (I can’t lug 200 books to school). Also, I buy whatever I want for my Kindle, and then I can be more judicious about what physical copies I spend money on. Then I won’t just have books, I’ll have books I LOVE! I guess what I’m saying is- all three?
Do you collect anything?
Other than books? 🙂 Actually, when I was little I collected stamps, though I didn’t get very far with that… I have a fairly sizable doll collection, both American Girl dolls and china dolls, which I accumulated as a little girl. Seriously, though, I have SO MANY books. Several hundred. Which is lovely. I’m big into fandoms, so I have lots of posters and fandom artifacts. Also, I love journals. I could buy journals every day! Ironically, my handwriting’s terrible, so I don’t write much by hand, and hardly ever use journals. This is beginning to look like my Christmas list, so I’ll stop now.
Do you play any video games? What’s your favorite kind?
I wouldn’t say that I’m a video game devotee, but I do enjoy them when I play. On PC, I really enjoy Civilization and Guild Wars, both of which we have multiple versions of at my house. We have a PS3 too, so I like to play Assassin’s Creed, Skyrim, and any Call of Duty variant. In Call of Duty, I only like to play multi-player or zombies, I don’t do the campaign, and my favorite Assassin’s Creed is Revelations (that’s the one in Constantinople, right?). I also like video games that stem from fandoms, including various Lord of the Rings games and the Force Unleashed games! Unfortunately, our console is too old for Star Wars Battlefront, which I really wanted to play.
Gimme a number! That’s it. I just wanted a number.
Okay, in keeping with Nova’s brevity: 23.
Who’s an author you will always insta-read?
Cassandra Clare! Or Sarah J. Maas. They’re both awesome.
Cats or dogs? Rabbits? Snakes?
I’m not a very patient person, so I’m not super-pet oriented, but I do like animals! We have a dog, but I like cats too, and we’ve had them too. I’m not into crazy exotic pets at all.
You’re being transported to the one fictional world you’ve always wanted to go to. Where are you?
This is a really hard question. I have this theory (it’s more like wishful thinking, actually) that if alternate universes do exist, then every fictional world is one, or there’s an alternate universe where they’re all real at the same time. If that world existed, I’d go there. But if I had to pick one? The Marvel Universe is awesome, I think that would be cool. Or the Star Wars universe. Middle Earth would be cool. The Shadow World Cassandra Clare created is awesome too! And, of course, everyone wants to go to Hogwarts! That’d probably be my pick. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There are a lot of fictional universes I LOVE that I wouldn’t want to go to, because they’re harsh and I don’t think I’d do well there. I’m not super big on escaping my reality, because my reality explores so many fictional universes.
Did you meet anyone in this world?
Now, see, in my mind, this a completely unrelated question: what fictional characters would I like to meet? There are SO MANY! There are very few who I would want to pull into my world though. I think if you remove a character from their world, they lose their magic. I’d love to meet Han Solo. Or Hermione Granger. Or Will Herondale. Tessa Gray. Jace. Tarver Merendsen. Richard Castle. Tony Stark. Peggy Carter. Dorian Havilliard. Olivia Dunham. Dana Scully. Chandler Bing. Thor. Steve Rodgers. Magnus Bane. Richard Gansey III. Cath. Baz. Luna Lovegood. Legolas. Elizabeth Bennet. Ezra Mason… It goes on.
Now give me a good memory.
A good memory? I’ve been fortunate enough to have a lot of those to share. The memories I value the most though are those peaceful days at school where I’m surrounded by my friends. We can just laugh and talk for hours, and remembering those days is really lovely for me. I feel safe and comfortable and happy in those moments, and I always try to mark them with special notice.
11 Facts About Me:
- I’m a die-hard Ravenclaw. I feel like this fact will explain a lot of the other facts. I’m a hardcore academic in all aspects.
- I LOVE SCHOOL! I love the process, I love going to class and learning and taking notes. Tests don’t really bother me, and I generally enjoy doing my homework. I LIVE for research projects- as long as they’re not in a group. Before you all bite my head off, remember: Ravenclaw.
- I’m an IB Diploma Candidate. IB is an advanced program for high school that students worldwide participate in, and I LOVE it! It’s super nerdy and fun 🙂 We do research projects and read awesome books. It’s philosophical too, and makes you question everything, which I love. Ravenclaw.
- I’m an enthusiastic sports fan. I LOVE TO WATCH SPORTS! Actually, I should amend that. I love watching certain sports. I get really into it. American Football is my favorite, by far! I watch it at high school, college, and professional levels. I plan my fall around football. I also really like watching hockey too, and I love to watch the World Cup and the Olympics every time they’re on.
- I’m the messiest neat person I know. I love to be organized and to do organization, yet I leave my clothes on the floor and papers all over my desk. Go figure.
- I love to watch TV! Fandoms don’t have to be just print for me to get into them. My TV fandoms include Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Castle, Friends, Fringe, and the X-Files. Castle is my all-time favorite show!
- I don’t like coffee, tea, Pepsi, or Coke. I’ve been told that’s odd. If I had to pick one, it would be coffee.
- I love to bake! I make cakes, cheesecakes, bars, brownies, cookies, pies, and cupcakes from scratch. I make really good biscotti too. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- My favorite season is winter. I love the snow and the cold, though oddly I play no winter sports. I think I just like the clothes. Sweaters and coats are lovely.
- I hate pasta sauce. Always have. Always will. Marinara- nope! The only way I can eat tomatoes is pizza sauce or ketchup. Otherwise I hate them.
- Christmas is beyond competition my favorite holiday. I love Christmas music, Christmas trees, and buying Christmas gifts!
Bianca at The Ultimate Fangirl
Astra at A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
Rachael at Rachael Reads
Peri at Poems from the Perimeter (I know you don’t do book stuff, but I thought you might like this one!)
Katie at katiesjumbledthoughts